The Battle of Panchavati and Other Stories from Indian Scriptures by Divya Narain Upadhyaya

The Battle of Panchavati and Other Stories from Indian Scriptures written by Divya Narain Upadhyaya. The cover of this book looks so good and divine at the same time.


This book is the collection of short stories. The story touches the genre history and mythology to some extent.

I am really interested in Indian Mythology based stories. In this book, the author has not just touched one or two he has almost provided us with the stories from the all possible mythological aspects. The way the author portrays the fight between Lord Shiva and Sati in the first story is really good and I felt like I am listening to the story from my grandmom, which I listened when I was young.

This book has the collection of seven short stories and it touched all the core of mythology in each story. We all love to know the history and the mythology of our country and this book will help us to know that at some extent. The title has been given apt for each story. The language is very simple to read and understand and thus the stories can be easily read by the beginners as well. My favourite story is 'The cosmic dance'. I really like how the author has explained the reason why these stories and titles on the prologue.

Even though I read some mythology before I have got some new messages and knowledge from this book. I really like and also do recommend this book.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨