𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨

                       𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨 


Author name: Dinesh Veera

Book Name: Shiva Origins: The Son of Ganga

Q 1. Please let us know some unknown facts about your book Shiva Origins: The Son of Ganga.

The book’s initial title was Shiva Origins: The Awakening of Ghora and then it was changed to the Son of Ganga in the last minute for some special reasons.

Q 2. How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

Currently I have two epic novels that I am working on. Both are half-finished and will be published within a year.
 
Q 3. Do you read your book reviews? 
How do you deal with bad or good ones?

I appreciate the good ones and try to improve myself further based on the bad ones.

Q 4. How do you select the names of your characters?

I try to imagine their characteristics and then think of the names. Somehow it comes spontaneously when I do this.

Q 5. What was your hardest scene to write?

The hardest scene was the climax where there is a great revelation about Lord Shiva. It was hard because of the greatness of Lord Shiva. You can feel his intensity and I was having goosebumps while writing the climax scene. I had to calm down and continue the writing to create the best out of it.

Q 6. Where do you draw inspiration from?

From our great Indian mythological stories and epics such as Ramayan and Mahabharat. In addition, some good movies such Bahubali and Batman- The Dark Knight do inspire me to write good stories with strong plot lines.

Q 7. What time of the day do you usually write?

Night due to my profession and Medical Doctor and lecturer.

Q 8. Is writing your full-time career? Or would you like it to be?

Nope, its not. I am unsure because I still love the medical field equally as writing. I want to do my best in both these fields.

Q 9. What is the key theme and/or message in the book Shiva Origins: The Son of Ganga?

Shiva Origins- The Son of Ganga is written with the aim to deliver an adventure that will excite you, amaze you and make you rethink about our great Indian legacy that our ancestors left behind for us. I hope the readers will really like the book and support the work.

Q 10. Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, are there any you would recommend?

Unfortunately, I haven’t tried audiobooks yet. But I would love to listen to them in near future.

Q 11. What is your favourite under-appreciated novel?

Ponniyin Selvan is my favourite under- appreciated novel. It is a Tamil novel by legendary author Kalki which has a version with English translation. The novel is about ancient Chola Kingdom and Raja Raja Chola. The novel is popular in Tamil Nadu but it’s still not so popular in other states of India. 

Q 12. What do you like to do when you are not writing?

I like to watch good movies or play chess games with strong opponents. Besides, I also love to spend the time with my wife while I am not writing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨