Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

 How did my book-reading journey started


When I was a little girl I used to see lots of regional books filled the entire shelf of my dad's room. He is very generous and will always allow me to touch those books but I was not allowed with the pen or pencil into that room. Of course due to some damage control preservation.



Whenever I enter that room the old book presented in that room will give me a warm hug through its dedicated book smell. So whenever I entered that room I used to sniff those book's wonderful smell and will open those books and there I could find the coffee-stained color inner pages. When I go through those books I used to see the small classic old ads for Pond's Powder Tin, Colgate tooth powder, Hamam soap, etc.


 
The small tiny black letters, the yellow stained pages, and the pencil art inbetween the novels all were purely nostalgic to remember. 



Since my 7th grade I started to read my regional novels and then when I hit 9th the public exam pre-coaching was haunting me and my entire novel reading was closed and replaced with academic books.

Then I completed College and joined a job in IT started earning, and got busy with work and higher studies, and my love for books and reading disappeared in thin air.

During the Ramzan season, every year we won't have any work or project volume. We just go to an office, log in to our system then chat with colleagues, and eat that's it. One such day in my system cabin I found an English novel "Secret Santa by Sabrina James" (I think the girl on the night shift might left the same I guess). I started to read that book and as it was a teen romance the language felt very easy and there started my journey. I read close to half a book in a day and when my shift got over for the day I felt anxious about the story because I had to leave the book as it wasn't mine.





The next day when I entered my cabin the book was there waiting as she again left the same (I think she hasn't completed the same I guess). I ignored my colleagues chatting completely and started to read the book and finished the same and the feeling I got after that was unexplainable. The same weekend I bought two books 'I too had a love story' and 'Eat pray love'. There started my book-reading journey and now I am an avid book reader.

This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023 https://www.theblogchatter.com

Comments

  1. Glad you could get back to reading. Even I lost touch with books around by 10th class and could get back to it during MBA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I got the right book at the right time. I am glad that you too got back your reading habits. Thank you for reading my blog

      Delete
  2. Nothing compares to finding the love of books...and then finding it again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨