Blog Post - Top 3 Books That Made Me Ugly Cry

 Top 3 Books That Made Me Ugly Cry

As a reader, I always prefer fictional novels and that too romantic fiction because those are mostly light reads with happy endings. I also try to switch the genre of my books often to avoid the reading slump from reading romances.

On such occasions, I used to read some great books and after reading it would make me emotional, weak, and cry badly. Here are the Top 3 books that made me cry so badly and ugly. 


1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes  

This book made me cry within the first few chapters after knowing that the main lead was paralyzed. The bonding between the two main leads is brilliantly presented in this book. The book portrays the love between the main leads from 'Hate to Friendship and then Friendship to Love'. Their movie time, their trips, their first kiss everything was so perfect. But the ending of the book made me cry ugly Why! Why! Why! he chose the Dignitas. Why did he choose suicide? Though the justification he gave for his decision was quite acceptable, I still was unable to accept this at all and I cried for a week even after completing this book. You are so so so bad  Jojo Moyes for making me cry and making the main lead die.



2. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas  by John Boyne

I have a habit of not reading the blurb of the book because I don't want the curiosity of the story to break. That habit of mine made me choose this book and I suffered and suffocated myself with shredding tears for a week. 

This book story was based on the WW II. There was a boy named Bruno in Germany whose father is promoted as a commander in the Nazi death camp. Without knowing about his father's work the entire family shifted their home near the extermination camp and there they saw the black smoke, an old man in the striped clothes, and whatnot. One day Bruno went to the forest to find out about the black smoke and there he saw the fence and behind that fence, he saw a boy named Shmuel who looked dirty with shaved hair, wearing the same Striped Pyjamas and looked like he was starving badly. 

Then between these two kids, a friendship was formed, but at that time Bruno doesn't know that Shmuel is a Jewish boy and he is in the nazi camp. Despite the anti-Jewish thing in Germany, they had a very good friendship bonding. Their meeting will be only between the fence. One day Shmuel was so dull because he couldn't find his dad inside the camp. To help his friend, Bruno went inside the camp by digging a hole under the fence and distinguished himself by wearing Shmuel's striped pajamas.


When they both entered the camp, they were immediately sent to the gas chamber along with the room full of Jews.  In that chamber, they both were killed along with thousands of Jews and that black smoke was nothing but the cremation of the Jews' bodies. 

This book was so heart-wrenching read and I couldn't even eat properly for a week after reading it and I was constantly weeping as well. Though this is a fictional story the content and the place of the story were real. Reading the WW II-based books needs lots of courage, If you have a sturdy heart do try this book.



3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

This is another kind of book that made me hate the love story for a certain period. The story is about the two main leads both were cancer survivors and on the support group they were introduced to each other and from there the friendship builds. After some time their friendship grew into love, and then they had a trip together where they had their first kiss and sex whatnot everything was going good. Then within they few days of love confession, the male lead died. Yes.... I typed in the right he died. Though the story flow and the narration were so good I really don't know why the author was so mean and cruel to kill the main lead. This book was so heavy to me, especially as a romantic book lover I was unable to bare the same. 




Though I have more books on this list, let me wind up because even my remembering these titles makes me sad. If you have any books that made you cry do let me know in the comments and I will see you soon on my next blog.


This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023 https://www.theblogchatter.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨