Book review - The Ex Factor by Harini Srinivasan

The Ex Factor written Harini Srinivasan. This book will come under the contemprory romance fiction genre.


The book has a title which pretty much provides us a hint of the story. Now let's talk about the cover image, I absolutely love the image it gives the retro vibe with the girl wearing a choker, and sunglasses, her hairstyle, and the color choice of the cover.


The main protagonist of the story is Oindrilla Roy aka Oinks, and along with her, there are a bunch of characters such as Vivek, Dhivya, Ankita, etc. are presented in the book and play an important role in the story. Our lead Oindrilla is working in an NGO and she had a crush/interest on someone long back and also got rejected by that person. Now in the present for her work purpose, she wants to travel to Shillong and there she encounters Vivek again who is that crush. So the story is going to be about second-chance love and romance alone? That's where the author has given us the twist Our lead Oindrilla is funny and unpredictable her love life also has the same kind of unpredictable...... To know further about Oinks's life please read the book.


So, this is a book that is fully filled with fun and joy. I had a kind of like-and-hate relationship with the main lead of the book because sometimes I loved her and sometimes I used to get angry with her mindset. But this fluctuation of charcter is actually good for the book because while reading I got the real character kind of feel. Oinks is the charcter that we wish to have in our life as a friend.


The story speaks about a second chance in love but along with that I can see a friendship struggle, the boss trouble, and a good family drama kind of storyline as well. The names and the surnames of the charcters were so connected with the story. The narration of the book is very well written because I felt like I was along with it and the story is happening in front of my eyes. The place and vibe of Kolkata were felt immensely in the story and I personally loved it.


Though the book has so many good points it is a regular standard rom-com plot that we have seen in lots of books and movies. So I didn't feel any urge while reading to know what was going to happen. But this book will give the satisfaction of a typical Bollywood movie vibe. This is a short and fast-phased book with close to 200 pages so within two days we can complete this book. The language is very beginner-friendly and I prefer these kinds of light reads on my weekend reads.


More than a romance I felt like this book has funny elements. The way Oinks reacts to Vivek also felt really realistic while reading. I am fun loving person and I personally love this funny romantic comedy read, it made my weekend happy.



This review is powered by Blogchatter Book Review Program and This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023 https://www.theblogchatter.com


You can buy this book by clicking here 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨