Book Review - The Heel by Chattanathan D




The Heel written by Chattanathan D. This book comes under the crime thriller kind of genre.

I love the very simple and befitting title of this book which suits the story perfectly.  The cover image itself kind of impressed me, it gave me the 70's vintage vibe with the train track, pointed heels, and the dead body along with the absolute crimson and red mixed cover color. To explain this book's storyline or plot without breaking its suspense is very tough. The story starts with a preface that a girl was found dead on the railway track in Andra Pradesh and the Guntakal police station sub-inspector was in charge of this case and he is also the main protagonist of the story as well. His investigation process and the shocking mystery that he is unfolding was a real thrill that was waiting for us while reading the story. Do give this book a try if you are an investigation or a thriller book fan. This book has a story that was filled with thriller and investigation elements in it. I choose this book as the palate cleanser because after reading a heart wrenching non-fiction book I need a quite engaging read to change my mind. Trust me this book moves so fast and the reading will be so engaging as well. This is a small 120 pages book that has a total number of seventeen chapters in it. Since the book is short and its genre is a thriller/ case investigation I complete reading this book with a day in two sitting. When I am reading the story I feel like an old 80's thriller movie background music was going on the background. The language and the vocabulary are easy to read as well. Predictability of the story or a climax is not possible as the book has so many twists. I completely loved this book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨