Book Review : A Kiss in Kashmir: A Timeless Tale of Love by Monica Saigal

A Kiss in Kashmir: A Timeless Tale of Love written by Monica Saigal. Of course, this book clearly falls under the romance genre.


The title of the book looks so bland and common. The cover is simple but not very attractive to me tbh, and for this story, it could have been even better.

I don’t know why, but lately, I’ve really enjoyed stories involving long-time crushes, second chances, and mature love. It might be because I find this kind of love more genuine, or perhaps I’m becoming more mature myself. Whatever the reason, I like these kinds of stories, which is why I chose this book. The main charcters of this story are  Sharmila and George.



 
George and Sharmila visit Kashmir for different personal reasons. They have a shared experience in both suffered the loss of their loved ones long ago and went through significant emotional pain. But somehow they both started to spend their time together, and a beautiful love began to blossom between them. Then the story moves with its own beautiful twists. The description of the places and the beautiful scenery was a highlight of the story. The locations were explained with utmost detail, and I really enjoyed reading those parts. The emotions and love were portrayed beautifully in this book.
 
Though I like most of the things presented in the book, I personally felt that the story didn't meet the high expectations that were created in the blurb. once I reached the halfway point, it seemed to stagnate then and there. More romance might have made the story even more captivating I guess. However, the narration and story flow were flawless, making the reading experience quite cozy. If you love reading romantic stories and have a passion for Kashmir, then this book is for you. 

#bookreview #fiction #blogchatter 



This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2024


#BlogchatterHalfMarathon 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨