𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨

 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨 

Author name: Neelam Saxena Chandra

Book Name: The Red Diary

1. How do you really able to maintain both the personal work and literary works as I can see you have written lots of Stories and Poems.

Maintaining balance comes very naturally to me. I am a multi-tasker and can switch between tasks very easily. And then, writing for me is something that keeps me motivated for long. 
As far as deciding when to write a story or poem is concerned, I can write a poem in not more than 5 minutes, since the thoughts are already there in my mind since long and it’s only a question of expressing them in words. For writing a story, I see if I have adequate time since I have to think a lot about everything – the setting, the plot and the character building.

2. Please let me know your lyricist experience for the song "Mere Sajan Sun Sun" and do we have any upcoming song from you.

You’ve touched the memories deeply embedded in my heart by asking this question. I learnt how humble a composer such as Shankar Tucker is who has so many followers and achievements and it was a real pleasure working with him. When our song received the Freedom award from Radio City, I was so awestruck! I even got a lot of offers for writing more for different famous persons. However, at that point of time, my commitment was more towards my daughter who was of growing age and I wilfully decided not to proceed in this direction.
However, now I am open to offers. I recently sang a Sufi song written by me in one of the shows on my Facebook page and it was very much appreciated.

3. As you are a bilingual writer which language is so comfortable or in which language you love to write more?

I love writing in both the languages and my choice often depends upon my mood that time. Moreover, if I am writing a story in a modern set-up, I prefer to write in English, whereas if I am writing on the struggles that a middle-class woman has to face, I would prefer Hindi. 
When I am writing a poem, something inside me just tells me what language I am going to write in. I don’t really decide.

4. How do you really get the idea of creating normal stories and children stories, as there are two different paths? and How you made it this successful in both the writings any tips for upcoming writers?

I don’t believe that they are two different paths. They are the same. Though for writing for children, you have to think like a child would and fantasy and imagination takes over. The characters can be something like a fairy, a dwarf, an animal or made-up character. Characters have to be more realistic while writing for elders or youth.
Ideas come randomly to me. It’s not like I decide to write a children’s story and lo! Here comes the character and the plot! It happens the other way round. While I may be simply walking or sitting idly, a random thought may just pop up and I go on to make it a full-fledged story based on that. 
Success was not what I strived for – it came because people liked what I wrote. 
For upcoming writers, I would suggest, as I have done many times, you should read a lot. The more you read, the better you would be as a writer. Secondly, don’t be in a hurry to publish. Take your own time. Persistence, hard work and intuitiveness will always take you to places – though it might take a few years.

5. The blurb of the book The Red Diary is so mysterious and also intruding. How you came up with such a mystery story? and What else we can expect from that book?

Well, why would readers read a book unless there’s something interesting about it? 
The readers who’ve read it, have mostly said that they loved it and these words are the most precious gift to me as a writer.
You can expect a varied of emotions and portrayal of characters in the book. There’s the charming and sensitivity of Rihaan, the naivety of Ina, the simplicity of Shivi, the sacrifice of Arpita and Ketan and much more. 

6. Can I know something new or unknown facts of the book The Red Diary?

Well, there’s one important character in the book who ruins the lives of many characters, including the protagonist, till he decides to move ahead. To read more about this lofty character, please read the book.

7. What’s the most difficult thing about writing character Rihaan from your book The Red Diary?

Rihaan, besides the quest to find out about his parents, is searching for his lost love. The outcome of this second quest was the most difficult thing for me to handle and this is the main portion of the second part of the book.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - How did my book-reading journey started

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨